MINUTES OF FIRST CENTRAL EXECUTIVE COMMIITTEE MEETING HELD ON
30-08-2013 AT AHMEDABAD
After the XXIII Biennial National conference, the first meeting of the Central Executive Committee for the tenure 2013-15 held at Ahmedabad on 30-08-2013 under the chairmanship of Com.R.N.Choudhary, President, AICGWBEA.
The President welcomed all the participants of the CEC office bearers and informed the agenda items to be discussed . He has requested the Secretary General to take up debate on the agenda items to be discussed. Accordingly, the Secretary General narrated the agenda and the following agenda items were discussed and debated.
1. ENTRUSTING FULL POWERS TO DIRECTOR(ADMN)TO ENABLE HIM FOR QUICK
The Powers entrusted to the post of Director(Administration) should be delegated to the present Director(Admn.) who is in the charge with all related Administrative establishment powers for the effective functioning. The CEC members stressed and opined that this item may be taken up with Chairman on priority, so that the decision taking on the issues will not make any delay and also can be avoided of keeping the files pending.
2. Minutes of Office Council(JCM) MEETING SHOULD BE ISSUED WITH TIME SCHEDULE:
This item was discussed and decided to stress the authorities concerned to issue the minutes within 15 days from the meeting date and mid-term review meeting has to be conducted within 30 days from the date of issue of the minutes.
3. CEC LETTERS TO THE ADMINISTRATION SHOULD BE ACKNOWLEDGED AND TAKEN INTO COGNIZANCE.
It is noticed by the CEC that the letter issued by Secretary General to the authorities neither responded in time nor duly acknowledged. The CEC took this issue very seriously and decided to take up the item with the authorities and stress for immediate response from the authorities to the correspondence made by the Secretary General.
4. CLUBBING OF LDC, UDC and ASSISTANT POSTS FOR THE PURPOSE OF POSTING
This item was already described and debated in the Biennial National Conference held at Jodhpur and decided to take up on priority.
It has been discussed elaborately in the CEC meeting and concluded to take up the matter with the Chairman on priority before holding the DPC and postings from UDC to Assistant and also to adopt a resolution on the base of earlier letter issued to Chairman vide letter No.CEC-1/2011-13 dated 14.06.2013.
5. In accordance with the decision arrived in the Biennial National conference, the Secretary General proposed to constitute the committee to check up the vouchers on the expenditure incurred by the CEC for the period 2011-13. Accordingly, a committed was constituted with the Members i.e.1). Com. Mahesh Kumar Sah, Div.III, Varanasi, 2). Com. N. V. Suresh, Div.IX, Hyderabad, 3). Com. H.P. Patnaik, SER, Bhubaneshwar.
6. PERIODICITY OF OFFICE COUNCIL(JCM),CGWB/CEC MEETINGS
Since inception, the Office council (JCM), CGWB are being convened once in three months and it became mandatory from the last few years. The above periodicity is not being adhered to since last few years. Therefore, the CEC felt to ensure for 4 meetings in a year with 3 months periodicity.
The House of CEC also further felt, that the meetings of CEC are not adequately frequent. The meetings normally should be once in a quarter and maximum extent six months. It was decided as for as possible, the CEC meetings should convened once in three months, preferably at the time of Office Council Meetings.
7. ADEQUTE FUND SHOULD BE PROVIDED FOR THE PURPOSE OF STAFF QUARTERS AT BHUBANESHWAR IN THE PRESENT FIVE YEARS PLAN.
About 10 crores of rupees have been allocated to the construction of staff quarters at Bhubaneshwar in the present five year plan. The House felt that the fund allocated is inadequate and resolved to take up by the CEC to explore the possibility of providing more fund in the present five years plan.
8. ACCEPTANCE OF RESIGNATION OF COM. R.P.PATEL FOR THE POST OF MEMBER OFFICE COUNCIL AND PLRIMARY MEMBERSHIP.
After having discussed, the House unanimously accepted the Resignation of Com. R. P.Patel for the post of Member, Office Council (JCM), CGWB and primary membership of the Association The House also further debated on the language used by while making the unseen allegations against the Association Office bearers in the resignation letter and decided to debar Com. R. P. Patel from primary membership for 6 years.
9. REORGANISATION OF OFFICE COUNCIL(JCM),CGWB AND DEPARTMENTAL COUNCIL(JCM), MOWR: The House of CEC felt the need of re-organizing the Office Council(JCM), CGWB and the Departmental Council(JCM), MOWR. Accordingly the following have been nominated in the Council in addiction to existing.
OFFICE COUNCIL (JCM), CGWB
1. Com. Jugal Kishore Nayak in place of R. P.Patel.
2. Com. N. Kumar in place of Com. Sunil Kumar
3. Com. Alok Benerjee in place of Com. A. B. Sundaram
DEPARTMENTAL COUNCIL(JCM), MOWR
1. Com Vishwajit Kumar in place of Com. Kalika Prasad
2. Com. Sunil Kumar in place of Com. N. Kumar
Above nominated names may be referred to the concerned for their approval on priority so as to attend by them in ensuing meetings.
1 10. CO-OPTION/NOMINATION OF ASSISTANT ORGANISING SECRETARY POSTS:
In accordance with the provision of the constitution, the CEC felt the need of co-opting/nominating 3 more Assistant Organizing Secretary posts for effective functioning. Thereby by the following have been nominated:
1. Com. Gautam Parmar from div.-I, Ahemdabad.
2. Com. Manoj Kumar from Div.-II, Ambala.
3. Com. Meghnath Verma from Div.-XIII, Raipur.
11. NOMINATION OF CHIEF AUDITOR:
Nomination of Chief Auditor came for discussion. After having discussed thoroughly, the name of Com. Nityanand, Office Superintendent from Central Head Quarters Office Faridabad had been finally approved.
12. MERGER OF THE POSTS OF STENOGRAPHR Gd.-II & I, DRAFTSMAN Gd.-II & I, Sr. SURVERYOR & HEAD SURVEYOR, ASSTT. FOREMAN & FOREMAN, CHIEF DRAFTSMAN AND ASSTT. ARTIST:
On the recommendations of VIth CPC the Pay Band and Grade Pay have been merged together for the posts of Steno Gd.-II & Gd.-I, Draftsman Gd.-II & I,Senior Surveyor & Head Surveyor, the Asstt. Foreman & Foreman and placed in the PB-II with Grade Pay Rs.4200/-. Similarly the posts of Chief Draftsman and the Asstt. Artist Pay Scales also merged and brought to the PB-II and Grade Pay Rs.4600/-. Therefore, the above posts may please be merged together with appropriate designations in consent with the pay i.e. PB & GP entrusted to the posts.
13. TRANSFER NORMS:
It was discussed and debated in the Biennial National Conference about the Transfer norms which were very frequently violating. The CEC, therefore felt to take up the matter with higher authorities on priority.
14. THE OFFICE BEARERS OF CEC/ MEMBERS RJCM/ OFFICE COUNCIL/DEPTTL. COUNCIL SHOULD BE WELVERSED WITH THE PROVISION OF CONSTITUTION OF AICGWBEA AND THE CONSTITION OF JCM&CA SCHEME:
The House felt the need of thorough knowledge to the Office Bearers of CEC, members, Regional Council, Office Council and Depttl. Council to the provisions of constitution of All India Central Ground Water Board Employees Association and the Constitution of JCM&CA scheme in the Regional/ Office/Depttl. Council and National Council too. Accordingly, it was decided a training programme needs to be conducted.
15. REORGANISATION OF RGIONAL COUNCIL AT NORTHERN REGION:
Com. Lalchand Shukla, General Secretary, BEC, Div.-III, Varanasi was nominated as Leader Staff Side, for NR, Regional Council consisting of Div.-III, Varanasi, Div.XVI, Bareilly and Northern Region, Lucknow representatives. Com. Shukla got defeated in the election for the tenure 2013-15 and Com. R. K. Yadav got elected as Gen. Secretary. As soon as one loses the position of Chairman/General Secretary, the membership in the Regional Council stands automatically ceased. Therefore, it was decided that Com. Manoj Srivastav, Secretary, Staff Side, Regional Council may be directed to convene the Staff Side meeting and reorganize/re-elect/nominate the Leader Staff Side and members if required so.
( K. S. Madhusudhan)